Sunday, November 11, 2007

neoprene salad bar for lepers

yesterday was a hayley day-  the first one i've had since february, and i think i handled it magnificently, under the circumstances. she made me watch wubbzy tapes all morning (he has a bendy tail but he likes it that way.. or is it a she?) and at lunch i actually persuaded her to eat *actual food* instead of nutrition drinks for once. it was microwaved chicken and stars and she slurped it all up and didn't even leave a horrible horrible mess. then she dragged me back to her room and made me read her 5 books twice each and showed me her toys. she has a stuffed animal cat. i asked her what its name was and she said "hmm.. mm.. his name is Cat." so I made it sing moonshadow.

and then she told me her skunk's name was Tori so i would make it sing, too (caught a light sneeze). i don't have a skunk or i'd dramatize that one as well. after that she got cranky and i got tired and she yelled at me because i wouldn't let her play with scissors. mercifully, she fell asleep soon after (i had to read her the same 5 books *again*) and i went into the other room and read my own book-  matlock wasn't on.

i went home exhausted and didn't sleep well last night. i had a weird dream that missy was pregnant and had desiree and me accompany her to a birthing class in a church rec room. yes, missy pregnant and at church. then missy laughingly informed us that she wasn't pregnant, she just had a ball zipped under her hoodie. she simply wanted to infiltrate a birthing class ( i think she was drunk). more true to life, but still disturbing enough to mess with my rest. so, today i played sims until 5 PM and then worked on my crazy quilt for an hour. i've decided that its too freaking huge to quilt by machine, so i'm just tying it with yarn. that way i can get it done without screwing it up permanently. hopefully, someday a quilter with better equipment and more space will take it apart, realign it, and quilt it properly. that's what i think about while i'm tying the knots, anyway.  i just want it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment