Monday, January 1, 2007

kiddie truck jamboree


this is my lameass new year's blog. last night i wanted to be out on 6th street getting trashed and worrying about tear gas, but i have this cold that just won't let go. i've had it for a few weeks and it looks like i'll be living with it for at least a week more. i tried going out last night to the house of a friend of a friend, but she was experiencing "drama difficulties". as far as i could gather there was some dispute about a break-up and possibly a back-stab with a guy who was either living close by or just standing around outside. plus, there was a lot of smoking in that apartment so i instantly lost my voice the moment i set foot in the door. (to the sweet teenage boy with the large textbook: if you're reading this, i'm sorry i couldn't answer you. i wasn't snubbing you or anything. i really had no voice. but you kind of made me nostalgic for my large textbooks.) no one was having fun there, so i left with aforementioned friend and took our large supply of alcohol home for personal consumtion. this didn't work either. i tried to pretend to be healthy enough to drink, but i wasn't. i choked down some scotch, but only succeeded in making myself slightly nauseous and very very tired. i settled for some buffy and fritos. midnight came and went, i squeaked happy new year, and passed out. i don't feel too well this morning, as i knew i wouldn't. i'm like a big snot monster. i am going to the gym later today, though. it's been closed since december 21st. no, this isn't a new year's resolution thing- this is an endorphin thing. and my body just feels and functions better if i give it 2 to 3 hours of exercise a day. i'm going to my mom's house for lunch (she makes ham and black-eyed peas and stuff) and then i'll go see how much muscle i lost with my holiday laziness.
my new year's may sound like no fun, but something cool did happen: my dad finally hooked up my washer and dryer. so i can do laundry in my house now. i don't say this much but Booyah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment