Saturday, January 20, 2007

rudby lichen

its a bad week. the heater ran out of propane tuesday night and despite numerous calls and much harassment, the tank has not yet been replenished. i'm huddled in my bedroom with a space heater and a cat, trying desperately to keep warm using my mindpower. i was supposed to start classes this week, but due to the "inclement weather" (a few ice patches and some frozen rain-big fucking deal) most of my classes were canceled. my world religion class met twice, but the instructor decided to go over the syllabus both times instead of doing anything interesting out of consideration to the students who couldn't make it to class. he never stopped to consider the students who *did* show up, the ones who *did* brave the harsh conditions and possibly risk their lives in the pursuit of knowledge, oh no, he decided to cater to the lazy bums who didn't care enough to drag their sorry asses out of bed. i wanted to stay in bed, too. did he ever consider that? of course not. its a community college. on wednesday, my power box thing blew a fuse and wouldn't reset so most of my power outlets were useless. i had to yoink the power strip from my computer so i could plug in my heater, alarm clock, etc... out of the one working outlet in my bedroom (which, incidentally, does not have a door and is very difficult to trap heat in). i'm posting this from a borrowed laptop. its saturday night and i'm sitting in my ice cave/house growing increasingly despondent because i have nowhere to go and no one to be with and i left my book at the barracks last night. no, that's not another story. there is no story about what i was doing in the barracks. its warm(er) there and i was taking advantage of that fact. that is all. i think i'll go to wal-mart: land of the lonely, suicidal, and physically deformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment