Wednesday, August 9, 2006

hbd2me


another year wasted.
for my birthday i really wanted a big-ass three layer fancy fudge cake. i decided to make it myself. so, i went on the internet to recipezaar.com and got a recipe for raspberry-chocolate ganache. to use as a filling between the cakey layers. then i went to the HEB and got cake boxes, frostings, etc... i started work on the cake at about 11:30 sunday night. my mom only has one cake pan so i had to pour batter, bake, and cool three times. then i made the ganache. it didn't work. its supposed to get really stiff and fluffy, like hard whipped cream. but the ganche stayed soupy and liquidy. i put it in the fridge. it got a little stiffer. around 5 a.m. i decided to use it. then my cake turned into a big three layer slip and slide. at 7 a.m. i gave up trying to frost the cake because it wouldn't stay still. I returned to the HEB, got more cake boxes, etc... but this time i got strawberry frosting to put in the middle of the cake. second cake worked. yay! i finished it in the early afternoon. then i took hayley to the Blockbuster and let her pick out some movies. She got A Bug's Life and two Clifford the Big Red Dog episodes on VHS. We watched those and ate BBQ from Rudy's and then ate giant chunks of cake. My mom gave $100 and John Bill took me to Wal-Mart and bought me shoes and underpants. Which may sound lame to you, but to someone who has inadequate shoes and underpants its really a great gift. We still have an amazing amount of fudgey cake laying around. my dad salvaged the slip-n-slide cake and slapped some frosting on it. its kind of puddly, but tastes good. My grandmother took me shopping and i got shirts and pants and things that actually fit! i think everyone in killeen has seen my underpants because i've been wearing pants 2 sizes too big for a few months. hayley likes to pants me in the grocery store. she's kind of mean sometimes. i'm going shopping again on saturday. i decided to kill my credit card because i probably won't get another opportunity to buy clothes for awhile and i'm sick of looking like trailer trash (even though i live in a trashy trailer). i also want to make some t-shirts that me and walter designed on a napkin. i need to call him and see if he still has the list. the only one i remember was supposed to say "The Start Time is My Key" on the sleeve. That always cracked me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment