Saturday, August 26, 2006

freedom quest with rrrrrrubies!

my mom and grandmother went on a cruise all week and i was stuck at my mom's house with my baby taking care of all their stuff. and i got a real bad cold the first day and it still hasn't let go. i'm past the sore throat and feelings of death's clammy hand on my shoulder now. just sneezing a lot, but it was bad there for awhile. i still haven't decided if my week sucked or not. some of it was fun, i guess. my chicken vindaloo was pretty good, especially considering i've never seen or tasted it before i made it. but the moloi kafta... never again!! i couldn't get my kaftas to fry right. i think it may have been the recipe's fault, though. i get my recipes from recipezaar.com and they're all written by everyday, normal people and not by chefs and book editors, so sometimes they're unclear and imprecise. the sauce had too much tomato and it was just not good. especially since i'm allergic to tomato. which may have contributed to the "death's clammy hand" feeling. my grandmother's dog actually behaves fairly well when she isn't around. i was almost starting to like him, but now she's back and he's an obnoxious ankle biter again. poo! my dad got me an mp3 player. its a sandisk sansa. i've never heard of it, but it was made in china so i guess its okay. we bought it off craigslist from some guy in austin. he gave me his headphones, too. they're great and they make a smurshy noise in my ear. they're used which is thrilling like having sex with a stranger! except that i don't think there are any ear-transmitted diseases. the only thing is that the sansa copied my playlist all out of order and it put Whale of the Sea right next to What Did Her Autopsy Reveal? those just can't go together. it isn't kosher. and i can't get them to separate. i tried. i'll live with it because the sound quality is nice. and it gets loud enough to block out various noises. i've had my walkman at top volume and i can still hear the music in the gym and the grunting of the weight-lifters and other people talking and.. everything. and i don't think it'll pull down my pants with its bulk or run out of batteries every week. it doesn't have a clip so i'm gonna use a binder clip. i'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment