Saturday, August 19, 2006

antichrist forgiven


I got a book about the native americans during prehistoric times. There hasn't been anything in it about the chopping off of their enemy's hands before throwing them into a mass grave to be buried alive with rotting corpses. The author seems to be one of those who only paints a picture of the native americans as a peaceful, lovey group. Kind of like the ancestors of hippies. He hasn't said one word about inter-tribal wars, but has said a lot about how difficult it must have been to live in such a "niggardly land". Yes, he used the word "niggardly". I don't think we're allowed to say that anymore but its a pretty old book. It was the only book that had anything in it about the native americans before the arrival of europeans. I guess people aren't really interested in anything except genocide when it comes to native americans. And someone checked out all the Buffy season 7 DVDs. I was going to get them today. I wanted them for cruise-week (see previous blog) in case i don't have time for the gym (i do Step with my buffy). I know my gym time is going to be severely limited because i have to go while hayley is at school. her school only lasts 3 hours, so if i subtract travel and shower time then i'll only be in the gym for about 2 or 2.5 hours at the most. i'll probably focus more on the treadmill and the weight machines cause i don't have anything like that at home. i don't do free-weights cause i'd injure myself and look like an idiot or other people would try to talk to me. some guy tried to talk to me the other day, but i think my smell was an effective detterent. i couldn't figure out why he was attempting conversation at all, but then later i found out he's someone's personal trainer and thus has personality flaws that would cause him to socialize irresponsibly. lots of people bring their personal trainers to the gym and its always this really energetic guy that makes them do weird stuff with those big, rubber balls and other brightly colored objects. sometimes personal trainers come to my gym and train themselves except without the enthusiastic verbal encouragement. they probably just think really loud and chipper when its just them.

No comments:

Post a Comment