Monday, January 9, 2006

school day

Today is the first day of school. I have to go to Government class in a few minutes. I had the same teacher last semester and he was okay. He's one of those guys that apologizes for how boring his subject is and makes the assignments really easy to amend for his dullness. My Government textbook kicks ass!! It's the coolest textbook I've ever had. It wasn't written with a bunch of extra words and roundabout sentence structures like the rest of my books and (this is the best part) the authors pulled all the bold-type "keywords" out into the margin and defined them right there. I don't have to run to the glossary everytime I come across some governemntal jargon. Isn't that thoughtful?
I'm having a fight with my dad. He's having a power trip. He said he's the only one that ever does any work in his house and that everything in the house belongs to him and no one else can use it because he paid for it. That's funny... I could've sworn I'd been going by every Sunday and cleaning and cooking and doing all kinds of domestic goodness. I guess I must've been hallucinating. So I didn't go yesterday. And I took all the crap he's been storing in my house and threw it all over the yard. I kind of feel better.
Ooooooh.. at the end of the month I am officially vacating my apartment. I am so excited! See, my property managers are great big pricks. They had me sign this lease agreement that they wrote and then tried to hold me to all the terms while completely slacking off on their responsibilities as outlined by the contract they created. So I painted the master bedroom dark purple. I wanted to put fish in the walls or something but I can't afford fish. So dark purple master bedroom it is! This is the first time I've moved from somewhere without expecting (or desiring) my deposit back. I don't think a measly $100 is going to prime and re-paint that bedroom anyway. I was planning on doing it myself; I have primer and 4 gallons of off-white paint. Oops! I must've just forgot. Yeah, I am quite a bit passive-agressive, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment