Wednesday, January 11, 2006

category: other

I'm in school now! Yay! I like to play this game like I'm a REAL college student going to a REAL university. I stay up late and read my books and takes notes and try to memorize things like it matters. Then, when test day comes I try to pretend like the test is really hard. I read all the answers (they're usually multi choice) and I make a serious face like I have to think. Afterwards, I pretend not to be disappointed that the hardest one was that "Name" space. The best part is when the grades come back. It's a nice ego trip to have the highest grade in the class even if all the other people are morons.
I'm taking Geology this year and I'm hoping its a bit more difficult than Biology was. I already read the first chapter and it doesn't look like much harder, but the teacher guy is assigning two papers and that's got me all excited. An article review AND a research paper! I also have an article review for Government and another paper for my Art History class. That's four papers! In Algebra, we're going to learn about the nth degree! Finally! I've been wondering all these years what that meant in the back of my book and now I shall know. Most of my High School career was spent in government charter schools and they never offer anything above Algebra 1. That's why I had to take so many remedial maths when I got to college. I took Algebra 2 over a summer semester with the local public school system, but most of the kids were juvenile delinquents and we spent a lot of time doing community service. It's not fair that they make everyone do that, they should single out the criminal kids and have them do their own restitution. And post their names so the rest of us can taunt them.
I'm taking an expedition into the bookstore next week. I need to buy about 6 scantrons and a passcode for the Algebra internet homework thing. For this, I will stand in line for 3 hours or more and hopefully they will still be recognizing the funds attached to my student ID. Otherwise, I will have suffered for naught.

No comments:

Post a Comment