Monday, October 29, 2007

the saint with the french fried hand


a puzzle: once upon a time, i went to sixth street with ryan and his soldier-friends and we stayed at this hotel (i forget which one), but since none of us really had much money we had to split the cost on two rooms for about 12 people. the morning after a night of drinking, ryan, myself, and about 4 or 5 of his soldier-friends are sitting around waiting for the rest of the group to be ready for check-out when one of the guys declares:

I sure am shitting a lot. I must've shit 5 or 6 times this morning already.

everybody looked at him for a moment or two and then we resumed waiting and idly chatting as we had been before. i do believe this odd statement will haunt me for the rest of my life. what did he hope to accomplish by saying that?  what was the intended purpose of that young man's declaration?  the world may never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment